If you are a DJ and you are looking for free software, you have come to the right place. We have prepared an article for you with the best free DJ software programs and platforms – to create your mixes and share them with the world.
What is the best DJ app for beginners?
There are several DJ software programs available on the market. Because we know that starting a DJ career is not easy, and that there are a number of costs involved, we have created a list of free DJ apps with which you can start creating music without too much trouble.
Depending on what you specifically need to do, you will need to choose the program that best suits your needs.
That said, let’s start with our list:
Mixxx is one of the most popular open source DJ tools today. With an attractive and practical interface, it offers what other paid programs do, but for free.
- Four decks.
- iTunes integration.
- Huge library of effects, waveform, automatic mixing function (sync).
- Almost all audio formats.
- Support for more than 30 different controllers.
One of the advantages of open source programs is that there is a community always making contributions to improve them.
The same thing happens in Mixxx. In the “Community” section of its website, you can find hundreds of music and programming enthusiasts, who update the Mixxx source code daily, evolving it into a more complex mixing and editing program every day.
Denon DJ Engine Prime
Denon has launched the Engine DJ Prime music production market. It is basically music management and analysis software for people who use Prime series DJ equipment.
- MAC and PC compatible.
- Easily create digital music databases.
- Extremely useful collections such as iTunes, Serato DJ, NI Traktor by rekordbox.
- Access to advanced BPM detection and rhythmic analysis of songs.
Algoriddim Djay Pro
This is an application designed to be used on mobile devices (but it is also for PC). The Algoriddim company gives you the opportunity to carry an audio track mixer in your pocket.
- Mainly Djay Pro version for iOS and Android devices and Windows.
- Integrate your Spotify account into the app.
- Neutral Mix technology: mix and play random elements of the tracks chosen in real time.
- Isolate instruments, rhythms and voices to be used as lopps or plug-ins.
Rekordbox DJ Pioneer
If what you need is to mix songs, sample and apply effects to your audio tracks, Rekordbox DJ can make it easy for you.
- Up to 4 track controls.
- Effect tracks.
- Media browser.
- 8-slot sampler.
- A looper in case you want to loop any song snippets.
- Auto-Mix function.
- Synchronize light shows of the stage you are performing.
Virtual DJ Home
This software has been in the DJ industry for a long time. As it evolved, the name of the software was changed – it was initially known as the Atomix MP3. This software is generally paid, but you can still get a free version.
- It supports up to 99 decks.
- Excellent and reliable music streaming from different sources
- Support for video mixing.
- All audio and video effects.
- Full customization.
- Full-featured browser and library management.
- Integrated editors and advanced DJ player.
It’s also worth noting that Virtual DJ Home does not support MIDI controller support, nor can it be used in conjunction with an external analog mixer or timecode vinyls.
- You might be interested: Best DJ Controllers For Beginners In 2022
Want to become an online DJ? Sign up in Wavezoo
Signup now in Wavezoo 🎧
Subscribe to our newsletter 🎧