If you want to surprise your musician friend and buy an original gift for someone who loves music or is starting out as a DJ, here are a few ideas that might help you out.
Best DJ Gifts ideas for Music Producers
You have a lot of options that will make you hit the nail on the head. But sometimes, choosing or even thinking about it can be a bit overwhelming. In this special guide we are going to give you ideas to help you find and buy gifts for DJs.
Affordable Gifts for DJs
- Keychain for audio adapters: A very common problem among DJs is losing the 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter for their headphones. This type of keychain will keep your adapter safe.
- High-quality, colored cables: When you use too many cables in your life, there’s nothing better than being organized. Good, high quality connectors (preferably gold-tipped) with different colors can make a big difference in your productivity.
- Metal USB 3.1 flashdrive: Another indispensable (and very easy to lose) resource for a DJ is USB flashdrives. The time spent transferring songs to flashdrives can vary a lot depending on the version. Our recommendation is to always have on hand a pair of USB 3.1 with at least 128 GB capacity and very good durability.
All-in-One DJ equipments
- Pioneer XDJ-RX2: With this portable equipment you can do everything a DJ needs for your presentations. Much cheaper than a complete NXS2 case and very efficient.
- Denon SC5000: When Pioneer’s biggest competitor drops its prices by 50%, it’s time to consider it. Each of these players works as 2 decks.
- Rane Seventy-Two Mixer: A very good quality two-channel mixer with integrated waveform display. A great hybrid between controller (Serato) and analog mixer.
Controllers for beginners
- DJ2GO2: A mini controller with all the basics to get you started in the world of DJing. Inexpensive and functional.
- DJ-202 or DDJ-400 or Kontrol S2 MK3: Within the low-end controllers, these are the 3 recommendations, depending on which software you prefer (Serato, Rekordbox or Traktor).
- Reloop mixtour: A simple mixer with audio outputs, effects controls and transport buttons. (It is also compatible with iOS and Android apps).
Finger drumming Gifts
- Melodics: Forget about hiring a teacher to teach you how to play an instrument. Melodics is exactly that. The Finger Drumming lessons are super cool and easy to learn.
- Midi Fighter 3D: This launchpad with arcade buttons is a great little toy to take advantage of in the studio or for live performances. It has 16 customizable pads so that the limit is your own creativity.
- Hand exerciser: Before you start finger drumming or playing piano, it is good to exercise the muscles of each finger separately. This way the 5 fingers of both hands will have the same strength.
Stand-alone production equipment
- Novation Circuit Groove Box: Portable synthesizer and sequencer with a very good price-performance ratio.
- MPC Live: Akai has been making drum machines for quite some time, and the MPC is one of their most complete laptops.
Controllers for live performances
- Komplete Kontrol A25: Having a keyboard in your live performance is a must. Native Instruments offers a variety of sounds included in their Komplete controllers.
- Midi Fighter Twister: Great tool for controlling visuals, live performances and studio sessions.
- Ableton Push 2: A little more expensive than the others, Push 2 integrates seamlessly with Ableton Live for sequencing, sampling and live performance. Includes Live Intro or Suite.
Subscription gifts for DJs
- Tidal or Soundcloud Go+: Streaming services are about to take over again in mixing software, so a subscription to Tidal HiFi or Soundcloud Go+ will be a great asset to your DJ friend.
- Access to MasterClass: A lot of new courses are being launched on MasterClass. Top DJs like Deadmau5, Armin van Buuren and Hans Zimmer have their own masterclasses.
- Spotify Premium / Apple Music: An excellent tool for discovering new music are the personalized recommendations sent to you by streaming services; in particular Spotify and Apple Music.
DJ Gifts for the home studio
- Music Rhythm LED Strip Lights: To put wherever you want. If you connect them to your audio output they can turn on and off to the rhythm of the music. They look very cool and will give a touch of professionalism to your DJ setup.
- Logitech 930 + stand: An easy way to do live streaming on platforms such as Wavezoo.
- Monitor stands: In order to adjust the distance and height of the monitors to the optimal level, a couple of stands like these are required.
Indispensable Gifts in the DJ’s backpack
- Cable and adapter organizer: Instead of throwing all your cables in a bag in your backpack, better organize them in a colorful wallet. Very useful in the era of transition to USB-C.
- Earplugs: Earplugs are essential to take care of the DJ’s most precious sense. Find ones that fit your ears well and do not filter out certain frequencies. Vibes and V-Moda are our favorites.
These are just some general ideas that could be adapted to the style of almost any DJ or producer. Don’t forget that everyone has their own needs and preferences, so I recommend you to do some research beforehand about what might interest them the most; and if what you plan to give them really fits their needs.
Have you already written your letter to Santa?
Signup now in Wavezoo