Template: Wavezoo In Session #: DJ
Here is our seventh interview for the In Session series, a space where we get to know more about Wavezoo DJs. This time we talked to DJ WondaMike, an open format mix DJ that gives the best performance to his audience.
Read the full interview below.
1. How did you start DJing? Tell us about your origins
My Brother In Law was a DJ for awhile which got me interested. I started buying records and eventually bought a mismatched pair of turntables and began playing at house parties. Since then, I’ve played at night clubs, street dances, weddings, radio and everywhere in between.
2. Who would you say are your influences?
I would say DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Squeeze, MixMaster Marvin and GrandMaster Flash.
3. What do you think about the future of DJing? Where we are headed?
Technology has lowered the barrier to start DJing. Additionally what is possible now to include when you perform live was unheard of when I started.
4. What can people expect from your shows?
Expect great music, live mashups, some scratching and great sound.
“Although clubs and venues are opened up following the pandemic partying at home with friends though Wavezoo can be great because the right DJ for your party doesn’t have to be in your geographical location.”Mike
5. What would be your ideal party?
My ideal party would be Ol’ Skool hip hop, some classic house, 90s dancehall, soca and some New school.
6. Help other DJs to level up, give the community a tip that will improve other DJs performance
Always make sure your sound is as clear as possible. Smile and connect with your audience.
7. Let the people know what is going on in your life
Currently, I do three weekly shows on FeteDayz iRadio. Check it out!
If you are a Wavezoo DJ and would like to appear in our interviews, please contact us!
Get the best content of Wavezoo in your inbox, we promise not to be too annoying.
Subscribe to our newsletter 🎧